Maintaining proper dental health remains important because it not only benefits your dental health, but can also influence your overall health and quality of life. Dental disease is largely preventable.
To help keep your teeth and gums healthy:
- Use toothpaste containing fluoride
- Visit a dentist at least every six months and bring a list of the medications you are taking
- Brush real or replacement teeth at least twice daily
- Floss real or replacement teeth at least once a day
- Call your dentist if any change in your mouth persists beyond 14 days
The best way to prevent dental conditions is through early detection. Daily mouth care and regularly visiting your dentist will help you to prevent and/or control dental disease and maintain good dental health.