Skip to main content

To practice dentistry in Alberta a dentist must be registered with the ADA&C. To register, an applicant as a regulated member will:

  1. have a degree of doctor of dental surgery or doctor of dental medicine from a dentistry program approved by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada or the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association;

    Graduates of non-accredited dental programs would require successful completion of the National Dental Examining Board of Canada equivalency process;

  2. have successfully completed the ADA&C Ethics and Jurisprudence examination.