The Alberta Dental Association and College (ADA&C) registers dentists and ensures that the dental health of Albertans is advanced through safe, available, quality and ethical dental services.
The ADA&C gives leadership to the dental profession on professional regulations and member services. It provides the public with information and services, to ensure that Albertans receive safe, appropriate, ethical and quality dental care as an integral part of general health.
Albertans recognize and regularly use dental services as key components of their primary health care. The dentist-patient relationship is seen as central to the ongoing health of Albertans. Albertans trust their dentists, and view them as the leaders in the delivery of the most advanced, evidenced-based and caring dental services. Dental practices are considered a vital part of Alberta communities, and dentists are active contributors to community life.
The ADA&C upholds the public trust of dentists, and preserves the integrity of the relationship of dentists with government, service care providers, supporters of dental services, business community.
- Optimizing dental health services for all Albertans through governance leadership in the profession that ensures safe, appropriate and ethical oral health care.
- Effective and efficient resolution of problems regarding dental health services provided by dentists; with patients, dentists, government, industry, and other health professionals.
- In cooperation with patients/consumers, dentists, government, industry, other dental organizations and health professionals, ADA&C supports effective resolution of health-care delivery issues to ensure that the public does not receive unsafe, inappropriate or unethical oral health services.
- Effective monitoring and support of continuing competence and capacity to practice of Alberta dentists.
- Effective communication and collaborative relationships with dentists, the public, government, industry, other dental organizations and health professionals.
- Promotion of excellence in the delivery of dental health services.
- Positioning of dentists and dental services with all stakeholders as trustworthy, competent, and responsive to personal wellness of Albertans.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Openness and Transparency
- Effective and Efficient Stewardship
- Promotion of Excellence in the Profession